Speedypedia is a project of a new free encyclopedia. We are interested in establishing an encyclopedia which will have an article on each company, restaurant, business in partnership, law firm, singers, actors, politicians, writers, books, songs, human rights organizations, animal welfare organizations and more. You are invited to create and edit articles on any subject - a company, a restaurant, a business or individual. It is forbidden to edit an article about yourself, your relatives (including spouse) or a business owned by one person (except companies and restaurants). However you can create an article about any company, restaurant or business owned by two or more people. There will not be articles about branches of networks (such as branches of Aroma), but you can write an article about the network itself. At first Speedypedia will support Hebrew and English, if the site will succeed and there will be a requirement we will add more languages. The goal is to reach at least hundreds of thousands of articles in any language, especially in Hebrew.
Speedypedia will be more friendly to editors and users, will try to avoid blocking editors and especially for a long time and avoid deleting articles, except for articles that are not public interest (such as a business owned by one person, except companies and restaurants). If you have created an article and it is not accepted, you can create another article on another subject, or about the same subject in coordination with us. Note the article you create may be edited by other editors, we do not guarantee that the article will remain as you created it. But we will try to avoid deleting articles. We hope that in 5 years we will have an article about any company, product, restaurant, singer, actor, actress, writer, novelist, poet, composer, book or song. To do so we need you - enter and create articles, invite your friends and together we will build a new and better free encyclopedia.
To create and edit articles in Speedypedia you have to register as an editor. Registration is short and takes 5 minutes. Do not copy articles from other encyclopedias to Speedypedia. Try to create fair articles, objective which reflect a range of opinions, especially articles about political or controversial subjects - Try to create articles that reflect all opinions.
Speedypedia supports animal rights and veganism, and is opposed to animal experimentation and all exploitation of animals by humans for any purpose. Speedypedia also opposes military occupation, calls for the liberation of Tibet as an independent country separate from China, and the establishment of a Palestinian state within the partition plan of 1947 approved by the United Nations, the reduction of the State of Israel to these borders and the right of return of all Palestinian refugees into the Palestinian state and the State of Israel, ie all of historic Palestine. Speedypedia believes that these conditions are necessary in order to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Speedypedia supports the boycott against Israel (BDS) style the boycott was on South Africa during the apartheid regime, a boycott that ultimately led to the cancellation of the apartheid regime and Nelson Mandela's election as president of South Africa, after serving many years in prison because of his opposition to the regime. Speedypedia supports open borders between countries, as now borders between countries in Europe and as the boundaries between cities in the same country in most countries.
Speedypedia is named after Speedy, a female dog that was with us for many years and died in 2003. Speedy gave birth to 7 puppies in 1988.
- Interview with Ronnie Barkan - from Youtube, February 2015 (in English).
- Boycott Israel - in English.
- Frequently asked questions about BDS - from BDS (in English).
- Yesh Gvul demand the prosecution of Dan Halutz for war crimes - Aldeilis, March 2005.
- IDF chief Halutz faces potential U.K. war-crimes charges - Haaretz Daily Newspaper, September 2005.
- Moroccan Jews ask court to try Amir Peretz for war crimes - from Haaretz Daily Newspaper, August 2006.
- Morocco: Peretz charged with 'war crimes' - from Ynetnews, August 2006.
- Bishara accuses Olmert and Peretz of war crimes - from Jerusalem Post, August 2006.
- Dan Halutz - War Criminals at Harvard, May 2007.
- Report: Olmert, Livni may face war crimes charges in Norway - from Haaretz Daily Newspaper, April 2009.
- Ehud Olmert could face war crimes arrest if he visits UK - from The Guardian, October 2009.
- Ehud Olmert is going to jail for the wrong crimes - from +972 Magazine (by Haggai Matar), May 2014.